I AM STILL ME”® CAMPAIGN CONTINUES WITH HELP OF LUXOTTICA RETAIL NORTH AMERICA – AND SOME REALLY COOL SHADES!
At a Cincinnati Reds game in October of 2010, when Marty Brennaman, Baseball Hall of Fame Broadcasting Legend, took off his jersey to reveal The Dragonfly Foundation’s “I Am Still Me” shirt, he immediately made Dragonflies and other cancer patients feel less alone. (See video.) Today, Dragonfly is launching a second phase of the campaign in an effort to remind young cancer patients that they are — and always will be — “cool.”
Thanks in part to to a significant donation from Luxottica, based in Mason, OH, Dragonfly is continuing its efforts to:
- Minimize the psychological pain and fear that young cancer patients experience as a result of treatment
- Help young patients maintain their self-esteem and protect their self image
- Encourage the public to care while we wait for a cure
The new phase of the campaign includes:
- I’m Still Me Care Packages [bags include, depending upon gender, age, and resources:
- Dragonfly’s I Am Still Me(R) Book , personal care items, eye wear, makeup, jewelry, headwear, tattoo markers, temporary tattoos, lint brush, pillow case and more!
- Photo shoot with Michael Bambino Photography
- Lamar Advertising billboard advertising in Venue Magazine
- Video public service advertisements (created by Monkey Biz Films)
- Social media postings/imagery (created in part by PMG)
The Dragonfly Foundation provides support, caring distractions, events and opportunities to young cancer patients (0-30) and their families. We work to mitigate the collateral damage that is associated with the emotional, physical and financial toll of cancer and bone marrow transplant treatment, recovery, and maintenance.
The Dragonfly Foundation is a light in the dark for young cancer patients and their families. To help us shine brighter, please visit or donate at CLICK HERE or text STILLME to 71777.