Advocates & Volunteers
Our Volunteer Programs
Get Your Volunteer Application!
GET YOUR GROUP INVOLVED!
Volunteer Opportunities Are Offered By Screening Level:
Requires: Background check, volunteer orientation, manager approval, and at least one volunteer assignment. Roles: Include direct contact with our patients/families/students and resources.
Requires: Background check and volunteer orientation. Roles: Include direct contact with resources and/or program/planning information.
Requires: Volunteer application Roles: Public events that do not have direct contact with resources or program/planning information.
Requires: Interest in volunteering Roles: Public events that do not have direct contact with resources or program/planning information.
HERE ARE SOME OTHER WAYS YOU/YOUR FAMILY CAN GET INVOLVED AND SUPPORT OUR MISSION
- Host fundraisers and informational meetings
- Promote our events (share our events online, distribute/post our materials, etc.)
- Host a toy, gift, gift card or coin drive
- Create a personal fundraising page to share by texting WINGS to 71777
- Seek out sponsors and auction items
- Distribute fliers for our events
- Let us know about speaking opportunities
- Put together a Dragonfly Team to represent Dragonfly and participate in community events
- Make and display posters thanking people for attending our events
- Donate blood and blood products for Dragonfly
- Become an organ donor
Information To Know
Q: Do volunteers have the opportunity to interact with Dragonfly families?
Q: What is Dragonfly's Student Programs and how can volunteers get involved?
A: We want to involve kids in our mission and encourage them to make a greater impact at home, at school, and in their community. With these goals in mind, we have created programs to encourage kindness, compassion, and philanthropy.
Q: How can minors and young adults support Dragonfly?
- Volunteer (please contact Amy Hafner, our Student Programs Manager, for information).
- Collect used sports equipment from neighbors. Turn in what they collect to a reseller and donate the money back to Dragonfly
- Have them involve friends in holding a walk/run in their neighborhood, or participate in other Dragonfly-related events
- Have them ask their school (or their parents' employer) to host a coin drive, or toy or gift card drive
- Staff information tables at events
- Distribute event flyers
- Have them reach out to request that local businesses support Dragonfly
- Wear our shirts and use our bumper stickers
- Become a fundraiser by texting WINGS to 71777
If you'd like to know more about our Student Programs and ways for schools, parents, mentors, and students can get involved, please email Amy Hafner.