Ria Davidson, co-founder of The Dragonfly Foundation, interviews a 21-year-old Dragonfly patient, Briana, explores her Dragonfly experience and her journey overcoming the challenges of pediatric cancer.
Topics discussed include:
- The registration process to engage with Dragonfly
- Dragonfly programs, including patient/family events, the Landing, the Dragonfly suite at US Bank Arena, New Diagnosis Care Bags, and our “I Am Still Me”(R) Program
- The support she received from family and friends, Dragonfly, her professor from Thomas More University, hospital staff, etc.
- The emotional, relational, practical, physical and financial challenges she/her family experienced
- Tips, advice, and the importance of asking for and accepting help
- The welcoming, open hearts of Dragonfly families
- Dragonfly’s mission, vision and Lamar Advertising billboards
- Things to say/not say to someone with cancer
- Processing her experience and the after-journey
The Dragonfly Foundation(R), a 501c3 nonprofit, helps pediatric cancer patients and their families find strength, courage, and joy. We do this by providing ongoing support, relevant materials, and caring, nurturing and transformative experiences.
To donate and to learn more about Dragonfly, please visit Dragonfly.org or text WINGS to 71777.