Our 2023 Adopt a Family Program is now open.
Please complete the below form to be added to our supporter list for 2023.
Other ways to support this year:
- Shop for items off our Amazon Wishlist. CLICK HERE
- Donate a gift card for Target, Walmart, or Kroger.
DEFINING THE NEED
The Dragonfly Foundation recognizes the emotional, relational, practical, and financial challenges affecting Dragonfly families, particularly during an emotional or financial crisis, the holidays, at the start of the school year, and for urgent needs. Dragonfly’s Adopt-A-Family Program gives supporters the opportunity to provide Dragonfly patients and families with gifts and supplies they might not be able to afford or be able to purchase due to other significant hardships.
HOW IT WORKS
- Interested donors and supporters can apply to participate in our program using the form below.
- Supporters who sign up to adopt a Dragonfly family will receive a list of items requested by the family. The value of gifts requested typically range between $300-$400 per family. (Note: All gifts must be new and in their original packaging.)
- Supporters can choose to shop for gifts themselves or can donate funds to Dragonfly’s Adopt-a-Family Program. Once the gifts have been acquired, we ask that supporters deliver them to the Landing at 506 Oak Street, Cincinnati, OH 45219.
Who is eligible to receive gifts?
Financially challenged Dragonfly families with patients are eligible to apply for the program through our partner hospitals. The patient and any siblings (under 18 years of age) and caregivers living in the same household are also eligible.
What information will donors receive about their assigned Dragonfly family?
We will provide Adopt-a-Family donors and supporters with the ages and genders of recipients; occasionally, first names may be provided. We will also provide information about gift requests and suggested items.