Thank you for your interest in adopting a Dragonfly family this holiday season. We are happy to say that our families have been adopted thanks to the generosity of our community.
Other ways to support this year:
- Shop for items off our Amazon Wishlist. CLICK HERE
- Donate a gift card for Target, Walmart, Gas, or Kroger.
To sign up to Adopt A Family in 2021, please fill out the form below.
DEFINING THE NEED
The Dragonfly Foundation recognizes the emotional, relational, practical and financial challenges affecting Dragonfly families, particularly during an emotional or financial crisis, the holidays, at the start of the school year, and for urgent needs. Dragonfly’s Adopt-A-Family Program gives supporters the opportunity to provide Dragonfly patients and families with gifts and supplies they might not be able to afford or be able to purchase due to other significant hardship.
HOW IT WORKS
- Interested supporters and registered Dragonfly families can apply to participate in our program using the form below
- Supporters who sign up to adopt a Dragonfly family will receive a list of items requested by the family. The value of gifts requested typically range between $300-$400/family. (Note: All gifts must be new and in their original packaging.)
- Supporters can choose to shop for gifts themselves or can donate funds to Dragonfly’s Adopt-a-Family Program. Once the gifts have been acquired, we ask that supporters deliver them to the Landing or other designated drop-off location
Who is eligible to receive gifts?
Financially-challenged Dragonfly families with patients (up to age 40) are eligible to apply for the program. The patient and any siblings or offspring (under 18 years of age) and caregivers living in the same household are also eligible.
Can donors deliver gifts to the Dragonfly families they sponsor?
While some volunteers will be utilized as couriers, we do not match couriers with gift recipients if they have donated gifts. We are dedicated to protecting the privacy of our donors and Dragonfly families.
What information will donors receive about their assigned Dragonfly family?
We will provide Adopt-a-Family supporters with the ages and genders of recipients; occasionally, first names may be provided. We will also provide information about gift requests and suggested items.