Advocates & Volunteers
Volunteer Opportunities Are Offered By Screening Level:
Requires: Background check, volunteer orientation, manager approval, and at least one volunteer assignment. Roles: Include direct contact with our patients/families/students and resources.
Requires: Background check and volunteer orientation. Roles: Include direct contact with resources and/or program/planning information.
Requires: Volunteer application Roles: Public events that do not have direct contact with resources or program/planning information.
Requires: Interest in volunteering Roles: Public events that do not have direct contact with resources or program/planning information.
HERE ARE SOME OTHER WAYS YOU/YOUR FAMILY CAN GET INVOLVED AND SUPPORT OUR MISSION
- Host fundraisers and informational meetings
- Promote our events (share our events online, distribute/post our materials, etc.)
- Host a toy, gift, gift card or coin drive
- Create a personal fundraising page to share by texting WINGS to 71777
- Seek out sponsors and auction items
- Distribute fliers for our events
- Let us know about speaking opportunities
- Put together a Dragonfly Team to represent Dragonfly and participate in community events
- Make and display posters thanking people for attending our events
- Donate blood and blood products for Dragonfly
- Become an organ donor
Information To Know
Q: Do volunteers have the opportunity to interact with kids/families?
A: It depends on the the volunteer's security level and the type of role they serve. The closer volunteers get to our Dragonflies -- and our resources/information -- the more protective we are.
Did you know that we also have programs that work with school-aged children that are not Dragonflies?
We want to help kids to make a difference at home, at school, and in their community. To this end, we have created programs to engage students and to encourage kindness, compassion, and philanthropy. These programs include:
- Camp Dragonfly: a camp for incoming 5th/6th graders
- Student Ambassador Programs: for high school students
These programs are just another way we work to build a community of support for our Dragonfly patients and families.
Q: How can minors and young adults support Dragonfly?
A: We have so many ways they can help us! In fact, our list is two pages long! Here are just some of them:
- Collect used sports equipment from neighbors. Turn in what they collect to a reseller and donate the money back to Dragonfly
- Have them involve friends in holding a walk/run in their neighborhood, or participate in other Dragonfly-related events
- Have them ask their school (or their parents' employer) to host a coin drive, or toy or gift card drive
- Staff information tables at events
- Distribute event flyers
- Have them reach out to request that local businesses support Dragonfly
- Wear our shirts and use our bumper stickers
- Become a fundraiser by texting WINGS to 71777
Click below to view the full list of ideas. If you'd like to know more about our Student Programs, please email us at [email protected]